Saturday, November 19, 2011

A note to a lovely lady in my life...

February 2011


You know Oprah Winfrey's mom gave up one of her daughters for adoption and it got me 


thinking, well that and alot of other things, but anyway. A mom, is a mom is a mom and a mom 


will only do what she knows. A person can only be who they are. I felt bad for Patricia when her 


mom denied her but then I thought, wow, it must really take a lot, and I mean a whole heck of a lot 


to give up your child for adoption. Oprah's mom is who I'm referencing here. So anyway, it's the 


most amazing ride ever! I promise you that. Tonight I slowdanced with Max in the kitchen while I 


was cooking dinner cause a song came on about bringing her home and it was about a dad 


bringing his daughter home and right after the song "With arms wide open" by Creed played, 


that song always got to me when I was pregnant. I feel like you just are never really ready but like 


you said it's all worth it.  I feel so blessed that Max chose me to be his mom and everyday I thank 


the Lord. I'm sure Max had his reason for 


choosing me and his dad, I don't know if I will ever know the reasons I just know I need to be the 


best mother to him, I can be. Again, it's hard but so worth it and so rewarding.


Breastfeeding is the best thing to do and it isn't easy so if you could find a support group or take 



a class or two, that would be helpful. It's new to you and to the baby so you have to be patient. 


And if it's done right , it does NOT hurt. Trust me. Max is so strong and smart and healthy and I 


attribute lots of that to the nursing. I still nurse and intend to nurse until I can - 3 years is my target 


but if he wants to stop at two, I will be fine with that. 


See if there are some programs for latina moms who are going to school to help 



supplement your income. There has to be, this Obama administration is all about healthcare and 


mommy's.



I love you and want you to enjoy every moment. Breathe deep and stay present because what 



you are currently experiencing is an enormous miracle. 


You are beautiful and I love you.


hugs.


FOOTNOTE: 
We weren't talking about adoption at all, I was talking about motherhood.




Namaste!

2 comments:

  1. I can almost see you dancing with your son in your arms! You are truley blessed, not because you are a mother but because you see the blessing in being a mom.

    ReplyDelete