Saturday, December 8, 2012

Post Thanksgiving Thoughts on Gratitude



On Thanksgiving day, every year, the question of the day is, "What are you thankful for?"  At the risk of sounding sappy (which I am a-okay with), I am most grateful for Thanksgiving day. 


I understand not everyone celebrates it and  many are still holding a space to acknowledge all the abuse that took place during the time this holiday originated, that being said, I am so GRATEFUL for THANKSGIVING DAY.

I have been keeping a gratitude journal for a little over a year and a half now.  (I'm surprise I didn't start sooner.) I invite you to start one, your days will brighten when you focus on all the wonderful things, big and small, happening to you, for you and around you.

I am grateful for my family who teaches me acceptance, forgiveness, love. 


Gratitude takes over my soul when I think of my son, my partner, my parents, my siblings, all my nephews and nieces, my extended family and my friends.  I'm thankful for my home and for all of my life experiences. I'm grateful for all the blessings around me, the stars in the sky and the eyes to see them. My sense of touch and smell to enjoy all the things happening around me.  I stand in a space of gratitude, do you stand in that space too?

My life experience hasn't been all that different than yours. I am unique, just like you!

I wish we could celebrate Thanksgiving day at least once a week.  What do you say we start a movement?  Are you with me?



Sharing is caring.

Thanks for reading and sharing.

Namaste!

No comments:

Post a Comment