Monday, February 3, 2014

Traffic

For the past couple of weeks I've had so many thoughts running through my mind.  
My mind is like a freeway of information and my semi addiction to social media doesn't help that.

My mind gets quiet momentarily and then boom, noise again.

Everyone has gone out, I'm home alone.

A few folks went to church and then to the cemetery to visit granpa's final resting place. 
I believe when folks I love transition, when folks I love die, their soul is omnipresent, everywhere I am.  
I don't have to go to where their body is resting.

My parents went to run and errand with my youngest sibling. I'm home alone.

I hear sounds, I see shadows, none of which are outside of the realm of what we would see and hear during a normal day, there is, however, this lightness of my soul.  I look at my right, to where I would normally see my abuelito when I'm visiting and now a frame with loving memories sits there, if I look to my right it's the same. If I close my eyes I see my abuelito...


The traffic in my mind quiets down a bit once I sit down and pause to share.



Love exists and Life is a miracle, treat it all as such.

Namaste.
Sat Nam,
Julie K. Aponte



No comments:

Post a Comment