Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Ain't No Sunshine When They're Gone

I posted a status on one of my social networks and just felt compelled to share it with  you all...I'm so grateful for my Abuelitos!

My grandmom is 82 and such a Being of love, strength, experience, wisdom, honesty and just plain humor. She is too much. My name is Julie because of her, her name is Julia.  I also am blessed to have my grandfather Fausto who is in his late 80's, he was truly a stoic, loving and fun man. Grandpa and Grandma were always the life of the party, ALWAYS (they also always use to host the parties at their homes). Anyway, my folks are here in NY right now, they moved to Florida several years ago, but right now they are home, here in NY! (THANKFULLY!) I have been calling and messaging some folks to go visit with them.

I can't force anyone to do anything they can not or do not want to do. That's a fact.

We all have our values and priorities and you don't have to be with someone physically to love them or even send them love but my thought is if you do love someone and you find they are a blessing to you why not share some time with them while you can. Why not take time out of your busy life to sit down and truly spend a moment.

There are two ladies who have been making a point of coming to moms and chatting with my folks. That means all the world to me, but mostly it means all the world to my grandparents.

My grandparents helped to raise me. My grandparents love me unconditionally, always have. My grandparents have supported me emotionally, physically, financially and in every which way possible. They may not have a college education or huge bank but they have precious life experience, wisdom and love to share.

If you know my grandparents and you have even just a little bit of love for them go share a moment. A half hour even. Or just give grandma a call, she will relay the message to grandpa and he will smile.

I understand you are busy, cause life in America keeps us all busy. I get it.
If you can great. If you can't we understand.

After calling and emailing a few folks to invite them to come spend some time with my abuelitos I found it affirming to find this video on one of my networks.  www.upworthy.com/youll-be-amazed-how-just-a-song-could-break-through-to-this-woman-with-alzheimers

It says it's the Song that caused the breakthrough, I daresay it's the human to human loving interaction. I daresay it's feeling the right touch. I daresay it's being acknowledged and the song the song just inspired the joy.

I have to get back to work now. Thank you for reading and understanding.

Namaste!

No comments:

Post a Comment