Sunday, August 11, 2013

Smoking and Breastfeeding: What's the Correlation?

Human Nature is so fascinating to me. I'm of the school of thought that nothing is trivial,
absolutely nothing.

I also believe in and/and. I read yesterday a post where my friend quoted Nietzsche:

You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist. ~ Friedrich Nietzsche

<---wise words I tell you. Anyway. I remember when I was a smoker folks use to say they needed to quit when the prices of cigarettes went up, cause they couldn't financially afford it. Now I'm not right, nor correct, nor is my way the only way but I never thought that. When I was a smoker I was paying whatever I needed to pay to get my cigarette fix. I thought it was ludicrous but I was a smoker so I had to pay what it costs. The appropriate reason to not smoke isn't cause you can't afford it financially it's cause we can't afford to keep hurting ourselves. It is cause we can't afford to have a poor quality of life.

Now I've made the connection today with the smoking or non smoking to nursing or not nursing. Nursing takes lots of effort and so does preparing formula. Nursing is NATURAL and FREE financially formula is processed and SUPER EXPENSIVE.  If you don't want to nurse that's fine for you, no one should tell you otherwise unless it's someone who loves you and wants to support you to be healthy and strong. If we want to nurse until our children are 4 or 5 it's not your place to say anything either.

Smoking is unhealthy and so many of us have done it and continue to do it.

Nursing is healthy and so many of us do and and so many of us don't.

It's all a personal choice but my nursing my baby doesn't affect you or anyone else other than us (me and my baby). Smoking, it affects you and everyone around you.

Just some food for thought.

Happy Sunday, friends!

namaste.

(A post I shared on my personal social media and wanted to share with YOU!)

Sharing is Caring.

In possibility.
Julie Jewels

No comments:

Post a Comment