Friday, April 12, 2013

Birds of a Feather

"Dime con quien andas y te dire quien eres." 

The English translation is, "Birds of a feather fly together."

My folks spent many a days saying this to me when I was younger. I don't know if I believed it until I was in my early twenties but I never really "got it" until my late thirties.

In my life experience, truer words have never been spoken.

Look around you, every person in your circle is a mirror for you, as you are also a mirror for them.

What does that truly mean? What are your thoughts on this notion? Do you agree or disagree?
Where, if anywhere, have you seen examples of this in your life?


Sharing is caring.

Thank you for reading and sharing.

Namaste!

PS: One of my former school mates taught me the Italian version of the quote:
"Dimmi con chi voli e ti dico chi sei."
It's poetic in any language.

No comments:

Post a Comment