Monday, December 3, 2012

Flashback


This week I was searching in my email archives for a message I sent out about Gratitude and Thanking God.  The message that will soon follow came up as one of the possible emails I was looking for.  It wasn't but  I read it anyway and it brought tears to my eyes.  If you follow my blogs you may notice a trend, many things bring tears to my eyes be it in sadness or in joy.  Nevertheless, (<--one of my top 15 favorite words) I re-read this electronic message I sent out to a large group of people one night almost four years ago and I took a moment to THANK GOD.  

On December 14 of 2008 I was pregnant and thankfully I survived an experience that was by far the most frightening, terrifying, bloodcurdling, horrifying, alarming and scariest moments of my life.  A couple of things that I noticed most vividly almost immediately thereafter:

1.  The moment I let go and let God, I was out of harms way.
(I literally let go of the steering wheel, held on to my belly, prayed and apologized to my baby for not being able to keep the child safe.)
2.  I cried and then kept myself together and Thanked God for all the amazing blessings I had experienced up until that point.  I mean I was 35 years old and was expecting my child, I had experienced so much love in my life that all I could do was be grateful to the miracle I had within and ask the Lord and Universe to connect me with the spirit I had within for my next lifetime.

Today, I again say Thank you to the Universe and God because I have been experiencing so many different things in the past four years, things I could never even have imagined. When I say this I don't mean just personal experiences.  I mean, I experienced my first Earthquake in NY earlier this year.  In 2009 I witnessed the swearing in of America's First African President.  I have been able to blog and share my thoughts and feelings with so many of you for over a year now.  A plethora of things have taken place within the past four years and the most amazing to me is I've been a mom, a MOTHER, (I can hardly believe, still) for exactly Three Years, Seven Months, Three Weeks and one day.  

What a journey.

By the way, if you have any information about that silver car and it's driver just send them a blessing for me. Tell them I said thank you for waking me up to my life. 


               *****************************************************************


Subject: Hit and Run Driver On the Southern State Pass Exit 13 December 14, 2008 at 12:30 am or so, I request your help


Hi. I hope you are well. Happy Sunday!
Two reasons for this email one to share and two to make a request...Last night on my way home from the movie theatre my car was struck on the Southern State Expressway by a hit and run driver.
I only remember a silver or grey car hitting the front of my car and my car spinning out turning to face on coming traffic, hitting the metal railing and spinning out of control all the way to second to last lane on the left.  I had no control, my car did about three or four turns on the expressway and THANK GOD I hit no one and no one hit me after the initial hit.
I got off exit 15 and went to the hospital, called 911 the first operator mentioned someone had called to report this hitand run and asked if I was ok. I told her where I was, she was kind and helpful and she transfered me to the state police where I explained what happened and that I was at the Hospital, and the lady hung up on me. Thank goodness the first dispatcher was still on the line she connected me to #927, he did say his name but all I remember is #927, he was helpful and sent the troopers to the hospital.
I am am five months pregnant and was a banged up, I had an initial check up and I was told I need bed rest. I have all sorts of aches, my head my legs, my neck and back...my arms feel like they are falling asleep like i've been laying on them, but I'm not.  I feel blessed to be alive and that my baby's heart rate is normal and the baby seems ok.
Last nights accident was by far the worst accident I ever been involved in and a miracle that we, Me and the baby, are doing fine.   Nevertheless, I consider myself blessed and protected by angels, this all could have been so much worse. I don't know how soon I will be able to drive again.
Thank you for reading this and if you could forward it to anyone who may have witnessed this hit and run, it happened at 12:20 am or so after midnight on Saturday, December 14, 2008 on the southern state between exits 13 and 14.  It looked to be a grey or silver car but it all happened so fast I can't be sure.  My car is a Scion XA, red.  Any information would be helpful.
LiveLoveLaugh
With love and gratitude,
Julie


Namaste!

No comments:

Post a Comment