Thursday, December 18, 2014

Presence

Sharing is caring.

These past few weeks, as the holiday season nears, I've had so many thoughts running around my mind...
This season will be our five year old's sixth holiday season we are a very spiritual bunch of folks, and me, I've taken Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior, He's always been my boy! 
Nevertheless, we celebrate Christmas and for the last three years we celebrated the Festival of Lights, I've attempted to celebrate Three Kings day
with my son but it gets a little lost with me not being able to find Hay for the Camels 
This year I sent my family a message asking them to be more mindful cause we just give too many store purchased gifts. We spend too much money and the true meaning of the holidays is kind of getting lost on our son. I asked everyone to set up dates with him. If they want to give a small trinket as foreshadowing the date, that's totally cool but why not plan a special moment...who said, I won't remember what you gave me but I will always remember how you made me feel?
I know time is busy responsibilities, but isn't nurturing a relationship a responsibility?

Why not give the gift of health and presence? Go to a health food mart, Trader Joe's for example and pick up 20 dollars of healthy eats, set up a lunch or dinner date with a loved one and bring the groceries as you cook them up together. I don't know about you but many of my nearest and dearest memories with my earliest Red Tent is when I was sitting at the kitchen table with my Abuelita and cousins, mom, and aunts cooking and chatting away.
It takes a whole lot to plan a special moment these days but how amazingly precious and priceless is it to share such a beautiful CONNECTED Experience?
I invite you to go on research on line, and find inexpensive ways to explore NY with a loved one and give the gift of PRESENCE.

HOW DO YOU CELEBRATE THE HOLIDAYS?
WHAT HOLIDAY DO YOU CELEBRATE?
(I sometimes enjoy celebrating Festivus ;) )
What are your thoughts on gift giving?  
What do you consider a gift? A present?



Love transcends all things.  Trust in the wonder and power of your dreams.

Thank you for reading and Sharing.

Sharing is caring!
Love exists and Life is a miracle, treat it all as such.
BeLove...
Namastè.
In possibility,
Organic JeWeLs

No comments:

Post a Comment