Monday, March 19, 2012

When I Grow Up

Recently I was asked, "In your twenties, should you just do what your heart desires without committing to one thing or should you hone in on your skill and stay focused with one thing?  In your twenties should you KNOW what you want to do with your entire life?" 


My response was, in a nutshell, there is no right or wrong, each person has to follow what moves them, what makes their soul dance, and their heart sing.

I know folks who were born knowing EXACTLY what they wanted to be when they grew up and worked their entire lives to make their desire a reality. I also know folks who just landed into positions that helped them to be responsible and live the way adults live and they opted to continue on that path.  I've met people who didn't know what they wanted, had no direction at all and just floated around, kinda like a feather, remember the feather in the movie Forest Gump?  

When I was eight years old I  wanted to be a Psychiatrist,  I'm not sure where that thought came from but I still remember telling folks this is what I was going to be when I grew up, whenever anyone asked, it didn't matter who asked, that was ALWAYS my answer.  I said I wanted to be a Psychiatrist until I was about, oh say maybe 16.  In high school my dream was to be an Executive Assistant so I can get paid well and could afford to go to college. One of my goals was to be a life learner (so far, so good).

I remember I was a feather, with a purpose, I still have a purpose every moment I attempt to embody my purpose. I may falter a bit as I AM a Spirit having a HUMAN experience but that is absolutely ok. I have compassion for myself and for others, I grow every day and ever moment.  I don't know for sure what I want to BE when I GROW UP but I do know I'm learning and loving every step of the way.


What do you want to be when you grow up?
Did you always know what career path you would take?

Are you currently doing what makes your heart sing?

Love transcends all things.  Trust in the wonder and power of your dreams.

Thank you for reading and Sharing.

Sharing is caring!
Love exists and Life is a miracle, treat it all as such.
Namastè.
In possibility,
Jewels





No comments:

Post a Comment