Wednesday, November 9, 2011

What I Know For Sure

Written as a "note" in Facebook on March 27, 2011 at 10:41 PM

Motherhood has been a lovely adventure for me thus far. I don't know if I'm truly cut out for it, I do know there is no love greater than the love I have for my son.   I know for sure, I want to be the best mother to him/for him, I want to always do the right thing for him.  I want my mistakes to not be detrimental to the healthy development of his being.  
I nurse him because I want him to be healthy and strong, I read to him everyday because I want him to be brilliant, I explore with him because I want him to want to learn.  I lay in bed and watch television with him because I get tired of running around and I feel the need to relax.
  
In the peacefulness of night when I hold him in my arm and nurse him to sleep I know these are moments that in my heart and mind will linger but within a few weeks or months they will only be a memory.  I never thought holding him often would spoil him, on the contrary I feel holding him and outwardly loving him will only help us both to be emotionally independent and strong.

Everything I write is everything I believe, it doesn't have to be true for you, it is true for me.  
I know for sure when he falls and I am there to help him up he is confident he has my support always.  I am certain my son chose us to be his parents because he knew the balance of heart and mind and love.  My son knows love, this I know for sure.  My son IS love this I am even more sure of.
Lovingly Maximillian's Mom 


NAMASTE!

No comments:

Post a Comment